Walmart Money Card activation and registration is a three-step process that’s easy to follow. In the first step, you register your Walmart Money Card with Walmart, then activate it by entering in your bank account information. Finally, add money to the card using cash from any Walmart store or ATM. This guide will help you through each of these 3 steps!
How to Activate Walmart Money Card?
- The first step is to sign up for a new account. You can do this online or by visiting your local Walmart store and filling out an application form. Enter the information that they request and click “create my account” when you are done with your application.
- Now log into your account from either a computer or mobile device using a username and password (they will be sent automatically). Next select “Add Funds” under Account Management in order to deposit money onto the card of choice within minutes without waiting for funds to clear via direct deposit; after the new funds are deposited, money will be available on the card within one to two business days.
- To use your Walmart Money Card anywhere in the world with no fees or foreign currency exchange rates just register it as a “Walmart Pay” device and load up your balance right into this app (just search for “Walmart Pay” from either an Apple or Android mobile device).
Registering Your Walmart Money card Account
Registering Your WalmartMoneycard Account
Register your card at walmartmoneycard.com by following the instructions on the site, which are easy to follow and will take about five minutes or less to complete.
This includes entering some personal information as well as a billing address before creating an account and setting up access for your card with us here at Walmart MoneyCard Services, Inc.
Logging in after registering is also simple and straightforward if you have an internet connection available because it only takes two clicks (or keystrokes) from our homepage!
We’ll provide all of the banking details that you need along with where to send payments so they can be applied to your balance as soon as possible.
Process of adding Money to Walmart MoneyCard
* Adding the Walmart MoneyCard to your iPhone Wallet app:
- Open up the wallet app on your phone and select “Walmart” then tap “Add Card” from the bottom right corner.
- Enter your card number, the expiration date of this month (for security purposes), last four digits of social and zip code but no spaces or dashes, please!
- Once you have entered all that information click “Next.”
- Then enter a pin for yourself in case it’s lost or stolen.
- You will also need to put some money into it before using it.
- Click within each box to type in what you want. It only accepts numbers and dots.
- Enter your PIN number, it must be five to eight numbers long with no spaces or dashes – make sure you enter the same one each time!
*Adding Money: To add money all you’ll need is some cash in hand, a debit card at home, an online banking account (like PayPal), credit card information on file with Walmart, or a gift card from their website.
Here’s how to proceed:
- Select “Add” when prompted for adding funds by tapping the bottom right corner of the wallet app screen.
- You will see either an option that says “Cash,” “Debit Card,” Credit Card” etc.; depending on what type of fund source you have available as they are not always visible due to different screens.
- Select one of these options by tapping it and you’ll be prompted to input your PIN number, which must include numbers only without any spaces or symbols.
- Enter a dollar amount followed by an asterisk (*) signifies that this is not a round-off transaction; meaning, if I’m adding $100 dollars into my card balance, I would enter 100*.
- The maximum limit per transaction is set at $1000 and ATM withdrawals are usually limited to $200-$400 depending on the location where you’re withdrawing money from. Multiple transactions can also occur during each session until time runs out with no more than three in quick succession.
If you want to transfer a balance from PayPal into Walmart MoneyCard, the process is similar as outlined in this article. You will need both your card number and password for Walmart MoneyCard; then select Transfer Balances followed by Add Funds. Make sure that if you have multiple credit cards with balances on them, that they are all loaded onto Walmart Money card, or else only one can be transferred at a time.
What is a Walmart Money Card?
- For the frequent shopper, an occasional impulse buyer, or someone who needs cash quickly and doesn’t have a bank nearby, Walmart offers its customers access to more than 2000 WMRCs in different denominations.
- The cards are reloadable with funds from checking accounts by phone, on the internet or at any of our stores across North America that carry this service.
- You can use them anywhere MasterCard is accepted including online shopping sites like Amazon and eBay as well as many other places.
Benefits of the card
- Walmart MoneyCard is a reloadable prepaid card
- The cards can be used anywhere Visa, Mastercard, or American Express are accepted
- Cardholders have access to over 90,000 ATMs nationwide and online banking services that allow for account management of the funds
- There’s no need to worry about credit history when applying for this card because it doesn’t require one. As long as you’re at least 18 years old with a Social Security number (SSN), you may qualify without any other requirements.
- You don’t even need an address! Just provide your name, birthday month and day, SSN, and email address. Once approved, the $50 fee will be charged directly to your debit account on file.
- The card comes with a $0 liability* for unauthorized transactions, and customers are automatically enrolled in the Visa Zero Liability Program
- Walmart MoneyCard is accepted at any of Walmart’s over 11,000 stores nationwide as well as its partner locations such as Sam’s Club. It also has partnerships with other major brands like Amazon.com to make shopping easy anywhere you go!
Where to get a card?
- You can get a Walmart Money Card from any Walmart store.
- To apply for the card, you will need to provide your name and social security number when applying in person at an open register or call customer service, who will be happy to help!
- In order to make purchases on the card, just swipe it through the checkout terminal like any credit card. Your purchase amount is deducted automatically from your account balance so there’s no need to worry about cashiers not giving back enough change.
Disadvantages of using the Walmart money card
- Walmart money card offers no rewards
- Must give social security number to apply for a Walmart Money Card and you must be at least 18 years old.
- No credit check is required to get the card but they do require ID (license, passport).
- You can only use the Walmart money card in stores or online purchases with PayPal – it cannot be used anywhere else other than these two options.
- Fees are not waived on any transaction when using the card. You may incur ATM withdrawal fees if your bank charges them as well if you make an ATM withdrawal unless otherwise indicated by your bank’s policies. A transaction fee of up to $11 per month applies and there will also be issues with international transactions since are not waived on any transaction when using the card. You may incur ATM withdrawal fees if your bank charges them as well, and there will also be issues with international transactions since they would have to convert it into US dollars before withdrawing
FAQs about the Walmart Money Card
Question: Does the card have a credit limit?
Answer: No. The Walmart Money Card is not linked to any checking or savings account, it’s just like cash that you can spend anywhere.
Question: How do I register my card for use at Walmart stores?
Answer: Visit your local store with identification and ask an associate to activate your card by associating it with one of our Personal Identification Numbers (PIN). You’ll receive a receipt with your PIN number on it which should be kept in case you ever forget your PIN again down the road. In addition, when registering the first time, if there’s someone else authorized to make purchases using this account they will need their own ID and must provide us these details before we start registration so we can add them to the account.
Question: What are the benefits of using a Walmart MoneyCard?
Answer: The Walmart MoneyCard is just like an ordinary credit card so it’s easy to carry around while still being more secure than carrying large amounts of cash in your wallet! This way you won’t have to worry about what happens if you lose your purse or get mugged. Plus, when you use our debit card at Walmart stores and Sam’s Clubs across the country, we’ll offer you discounts on all sorts of items including groceries and household products. With this convenient tool for managing money, there’s never been a better time to be shopping with us!
Walmart money card is good for those who shop frequently at Walmart.
You can buy anything from food to clothing, household and more with your Walmart money card and you will not have any problems because it is accepted in all of the stores that Walmart has in America.
This card also good for people who do not want to use cash or their credit cards to purchase items since they don’t need a bank account or just an ID when they register which makes this card very useful for them.
The automatic reloading option that comes with this card lets you always know how much value is on your Walmart money so there’s no risk of running out without knowing what happened.